We are looking for a Systems Engineer to help build out, maintain, and troubleshoot our rapidly expanding infrastructure. You will be part of a talented team of engineers that demonstrate superb technical competency, delivering mission critical infrastructure and ensuring the highest levels of availability, performance and security. Qualified systems engineers will have a background in IT, computer systems engineering, or systems engineering and analysis.
- Manage and monitor all installed systems and infrastructure
- Install, configure, test and maintain operating systems, application software and system management tools
- Proactively ensure the highest levels of systems and infrastructure availability
- Maintain security, backup of both Server and NAS environments, and redundancy strategies
- Write and maintain custom scripts to increase system efficiency and lower the human intervention time on any tasks
- Participate in the design of information and operational support systems
- Provide 2nd and 3rd level support
- Monitor relevant servers, storage elements, network and security equipment. Investigate potential issues, escalate where needed, and follow through to completion for any failures / warnings
- Perform routine quarterly compliance review, testing and implementation as directed.
- Assist current IT staff in the resolution of help-desk type
- Possess strong abilities to independently identify, diagnose, research and resolve hardware and software with help-desk type related issues in a timely manner.
- Perform needed hardware or software configuration changes, physical repairs as needed and coordination with applicable vendors for replacement parts.
- Assist server admin. as directed in basic software packaging & deployments using the labs SCCM
- Project Administration course.
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or relevant qualification
- At least five (5) years of experience in systems administration (Windows + Linux)
- one (1) year of experience in the basic operation of SCCM and
- Cent OS 6/7 server builds/management.
- Yum/Spacewalk repository builds/management.
- Kickstart builds/management.
- LDAP / Central
- NFS shares
- VMware / vSphere/ ESXi / data stores build/management.
- Experience with virtualization and containerization (e.g., VMware, Virtual Box)
- Proven working experience in installing, configuring and troubleshooting UNIX/Linux based environments.
- Solid experience in the administration and performance tuning of application stacks (e.g.,Tomcat, JBoss, Apache, Ruby, NGINX)
- Experience with monitoring systems
- Experience with automation software (e.g., Puppet, cfengine, Chef)
- Solid scripting skills (e.g., PowerShell & LinuxShell, Python)
- Solid networking knowledge (OSI network layers, TCP/IP)
- Linux/Windows directory management.
- Analytical thinking
- Attention to details
- Time management
- Networking Industry Knowledge
- Problem Solving Skills
- Planning and Organizing Skills
- Interpersonal Skills
- High will to succeed and go the extra mile
|Job Category||Vodacom Team|