The Storage Specialist will be responsible for the management and support of Storage Array Network (SAN) technology concepts and how it fits in a multi-tenant service provider environment. This individual manages, maintains, supports, troubleshoots and optimizes the SAN storage arrays, which includes EMC, HP and Huawei storage platforms, and suggests adjustments and new system designs for future needs.
- To gather requirements to facilitate proper designs, identify, test, and select new technologies, adjust/maintain standards of existing technologies and products, maintain storage related technologies, and assist with requirements gathering for proper design/installations.
- Plan, schedule and perform proactive maintenance, including hardware and software upgrades and patch installations
- Perform Storage system tuning including monitoring, troubleshooting and optimising performance
- Proactively oversee resolution of Storage service disruptions and implementation of preventative measures
- Analyse and solves complex problems of network, operating system, hardware and software components
- Analyse impact of SAN systems and components for the technical infrastructure and communicate the results with the responsible technical specialists in order to reach the appropriate and effective use of the various technologies
- Troubleshooting and problem determination of Storage systems (i.e. EMC, HP and Huawei SAN arrays) using vendor specific toolsets
- Manage hardware and software calls with the appropriate vendor
- Implement storage system changes: LUN creation and expansion based on requirements, SAN fabric zoning, Firmware updates
- Provide Capacity, Configuration, Performance and Availability management reporting for all storage related technologies/infrastructure to ensure availability growth and readiness for new customers.
- Create and maintain documentation to support the customer configurations for customer, as well as, shared environments.
- Responsible for the configuration and management of fabric switches
- Troubleshooting and escalation of incidents with vendor global support services
- Act as an escalation point to resolve complex issues
- Follow runbook procedures to determine overall infrastructure system health and to effectively manage and troubleshoot anticipated scenarios
- Total overall technical and operational ownership of the storage infrastructure
- Maintain skill set on all related technologies.
- Maintain storage environment characteristics including, but not limited to: physical array characteristics, logical disk layout, standard configurations, storage network.
- Successful candidates should have a minimum of 7-9 years of industry related experience of which 3 years must be within a complex hosting environment.
- Excellent teamwork, time-management and organizational skills.
- Perform other duties as deemed necessary and assigned by the customer and management
- Strong interpersonal skills and problem-solving abilities.
- Experience with large hosting/service provider environments preferred.
- Storage Technology related certifications or training highly desirable (HP, EMC, 3Par, NetApp, Cisco, etc.).
- Experience with moving/migrating systems and data.
- Excellent documentation, communication and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- 4+ years’ experience managing enterprise class storage arrays.
- 4+ years’ experience with storage protocols – SCSI, iSCSI, Fibre Channel, NFS, CiFS.
- Capability to mine performance and capacity data from enterprise arrays and formulate valuable analysis.
- Experience maintaining high availability storage subsystems capacity and configuration.
- Experience troubleshooting complex incidents and problems associated to storage environments and related applications.
- Understanding of IP/Telecommunications/ICT Industry
- Understanding of Hosted solutions, virtual and physical
- Understanding of Networking
- Understanding of Security technologies
- Certain maintenance activities will require this role to be available after-hours.
- Excellent language skills (written and spoken)
- Computer Skills
- Networking Industry Knowledge
- Problem Solving Skills
- Planning and Organizing Skills
- Interpersonal Skills
- High will to succeed and go the extra mile