An experienced SD-WAN Engineer to support the internal core network. The ideal candidate will be responsible for working with a small team of engineers architecting and designing a software defined WAN solution for interconnecting locations globally, collaborating with deployment engineers who will manage the site deployments, addressing systemic or repeating operational issues with the operations teams, and optimizing the WAN with new capabilities. The team collectively works to maintain network stability, security, and visibility to ensure that Industry best practices and SLA’s are achieved, and to allow the organization to meet its mission objectives.
- Define and refine WAN architecture standards that address the requirements to support requirements.
- Partner with service providers and network hardware/software vendors to define solution configurations that leverage latest capabilities and provide stable and reliable operations.
- Define and implement service standards and practices that align IT services with the needs of the business. Define and monitor adherence to Service Level Agreements (SLA) and industry best practices.
- Create, maintain, implement, and test appropriate contingency plans.
- Define key management reports required to validate global compliance with architecture, operations, and security standards, and identify automated ways of producing these reports.
- Collaborate with other network architects to provide integrated network solutions for the business that incorporate wireless and wired access, data center and hybrid cloud connectivity, remote access, and network security. Identify and evaluate the integration of new technologies for the SD-WAN including additional automation to respond to shifting demand, dynamic reconfiguration to address security threats, and analysis of traffic patterns to predict future needs.
- Identify reoccurring incidents and find solutions by leading support groups through root cause analysis sessions, major incident review, trending, elimination of known errors, problem ticket follows through, etc.
- Collaborate with other squads within the CIO organization on services and applications integration and optimization, advising on optimal use of SD-WAN resources to meet customer needs.
- Troubleshoot complex network performance issues with other network engineers to identify root cause and recommend solutions.
- Coach and mentor team members, peers and clients on the execution of processes and procedures.
- Minimum 3 years of WAN architecture and design experience
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in Network architecture, design, or operations experience.
- Detailed knowledge of WAN technologies including BGP and other routing protocols, MPLS, tunneling, QoS, and SD-WAN technology
- Understanding of core Network technologies (Routing, Switching, Firewalls, etc.)
- Network automation experience using programming tools (e.g. Python, Ansible)
- Experience troubleshooting complex network issues and designing solutions to simplify and better instrument solutions
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including the ability to interact effectively with executives, engineers and vendors
- SQL, Oracle, .Net
- Software Development Life Cycle
- Mobile First Methodologies
- Business Analysis
- ITIL, Prince 2, PMBOK, Business Analysis, Agile
- Strong understanding of data analysis
- Sound knowledge of development, project management and business process methodologies
- Firm sense of accountability, ownership for the project lifecycle
- Strategic Analytical
- Decision making
- Problem solving
- Time Management
- Change Management
|Job Category||Vodacom Team|