The successful candidate will be responsible for designing schedules, assessing risks, recruiting team members, monitoring staff and sub-contractors, budgeting, and tracking project progress. For leading an operations business team in developing, testing, supporting and maintaining technical solutions. Ensure that project objectives are attained on time and within budget. The person will need to effectively communicate project scopes, schedules, and budgets with both customers, contractors on an executive and junior level.
- Co-ordinate the implementation of Network Infrastructure projects through the complete project lifecycle as well as the delivery of project deliverables (systems, products and services) within specified time, specifications/ Quality and available resources.
- Perform projects definition activities such as to facilitate the creation of project teams and define project deliverables as per requirement.
- Provide CAPEX cash flow projections based on acceptance schedule delivery programme.
- Work with change management and transition teams to implement training and integrated legacy systems with new systems and processes
- Participate in contracts/ price negotiations where applicable.
- Measure the delivery progress of contracted deliverables against the agreed quality standards and systems/ products as well as the project plan.
- Report on project progress to stakeholders.
- Identify and manage risks. Decide upon and facilitate or authorise corrective action.
- Manage the implementation of specific new products and services.
- Integrate project work through but not limit to interfacing and liaising with all relevant groups/ divisions within the company.
- Maintain project quality standards through adherence to Project Management methodology/ processes.
PMBOK / Prince2 / Agile or relevant certification
Relevant 3 year degree / diploma with 5-8 years relevant experience
8-10 years experience within the ICT environment including:
- Minimum of 5 years Project Management experience (Essential)
- Minimum of 3 year’s experience in the ISP environment (Essential)
- Exposure to the Network Environment (Essential)
- Minimum of 2 year’s experience in the planning and roll-out of IP-based platforms, systems, or services (essential)
- Experience in the IP Environment (Advantageous)
- Contractor management (Desirable)
- Experience working with international service providers (Advantageous)
- Strong knowledge of Project Management Methodologies
- Telecoms Service Frameworks and Architectures
- MPLS / IP networks
- Cisco Products
- Performance management
- Strong Communication Skills
- Conflict management Skills
- Co-ordinating Skills
- Interpersonal Skills.
- Facilitation Skills.
- Problem Solving Skills.
- Negotiation Skills.
- Decision – making Skills.
|Job Category||Vodacom Team|