The Engineer will develop and implement technical solutions by maintaining, supporting, and developing Linux on various platforms. Participate in projects as directed, including planning and the implementation of new applications and projects infrastructure; and performing troubleshooting, performance tuning, and issue resolution of applications.
- Administration of all infrastructure components within the Electronic Commerce landscape.
- Ensure up to date file maintenance on all servers.
- Ensure up to date patches on all servers.
- Evaluates, recommends and implements hardware and software for corporate technology infrastructure.
- Serve as primary engineer for the disaster recovery site engineering and oversight team
- Ensure monitoring and alerting is in place for all components within the Electronic Commerce landscape.
- Providing highly technical support for business-critical services, systems and/or infrastructure.
- Design, develop, maintain and manage business-critical ICT systems and/or infrastructure service.
- Troubleshoot, remediation and optimization of business-critical services, systems and/or infrastructure.
- Provides technical leadership for one or more system and/or infrastructure service components.
- Application administration and lifecycle management on Linux and/or Windows servers.
- Database administration (MS SQL, MySQL, PostgreSQL, Mongo or MariaDB would be advantageous.)
- Database monitoring, performance, and managing parameters to provide fast responses to front-end users.
- Writing database documentation, including data standards, procedures and definitions for the data dictionary (metadata); Controlling access permissions and privileges
- Developing, managing and testing back-up and recovery plans; Ensuring that storage and archiving procedures are functioning correctly
- Expert in application life-cycle management methodologies and technologies
- Expert operating system knowledge at advanced administration level: Linux and/or Windows.
- Working knowledge of Single Sign-on/Federation technologies such as CAS, SimpleSamlPhP, ADFS or Shibboleth
- Solid knowledge of network infrastructure services e.g. DNS, DHCP and various networking protocols
- Demonstrated ability to manage system resources including performance, capacity, availability, serviceability, and recoverability.
- Be aware of changes in clients operational and medium to long term objectives and ICT requirements. Working knowledge of authentication and authorization technologies and protocols.
- Working knowledge of virtual hosting environments: VMWare, HyperV, Citrix etc.
- Working knowledge of implementing and configuring Software as a Service solution.
- Relevant qualification at NQF level 6 and/or 5 years’ experience in enterprise ICT applications and infrastructure of which 3 years must be relevant current technical hands on experience
- NQF level 7 or relevant technology certifications and/or relevant experience in Higher Education is advantageous.
- 3-5 years’ experience in enterprise ICT
- Good communications skills (both technical and executive level)
- Excellent Listening skills
- Excellent Communication skills.
- Great Customer relations skills
- Flexibility and Determination
- Leadership skills
- Good presentation skills.
|Job Category||Vodacom Team|